To enter Croatia, you need a valid driver’s licence, an automobile registration documents, and international insurance card (green card). A passport is required too.
Permitted road speeds:
- 50 km/h – within built-up areas
- 90 km/h – outside built-up area
- 110 km/h – on major motor routes designed exclusively for motor vehicles and on fast roads
- 130 km/h – on motorways
- 80 km/h – for motor vehicles with a caravan trailer
- 80 km/h – for buses and buses with a light trailer
- To drive a car, you must not have more than 0.05% of alcohol in your blood
- Use of mobile/cell telephones while driving is forbidden!
- Use of seat belts is compulsory.
- Headlights must be turned on during daytime only during summer time (DST – Daylight saving time)
In a case of traffic accident
First inform the police about the traffic accident (Tel: 92), however in the event of a traffic accident which results in minor material damage such notification is not obligatory.
Secure the site of the accident (set up a warning triangle) and undertake measures for elimination of fresh possible dangers. Wait for the arrival of the police. In the event of any damage to the vehicle, you must obtain a police report on the damage to the vehicle, without which you cannot re-cross the state border.
Should you require vehicle repair services, or your vehicle needs towing, call Road Assistance, on 987. If calling from abroad, telephone +385 1 987.